Our friends Shaun and Alicia show you how the professionals handle lenses and lens changes on set.
There are a ton of small little details that you pick up along the way as you get experience on set. One of those things is the correct way to hand off and change a lens. It's the little details that will make you a pro!
So, a summary for when the DP calls for a lens:
- Leave all caps in the appropriate case slot
- Hand it off lens side down
- Verbal confirmation!
- Hand the port cap or the old lens to the assistant
- Line up the lens and attach!
- Return old lens or port cap to case.